June 2nd is National Running Day. A great excuse to go for a run! Knee issues no longer allow me to jog, but I love to walk. Need a reason to take up running or walking? Here are just a few of my personal reasons:
- It is an affordable form of exercise for many.
- Exercise releases endorphins.
- Exercise can assist people with relaxation and sleep.
So, no excuses – get out & move!
A way to pace your run/walk is to listen to music. Rachelle Norman of Soundscape Music Therapy shared a great site for creating potential playlist for this purpose: Jog FM. Not only does it allow you to sort by music genre, it helps you map routes and figure the distance. I give this tool a thumbs up!
All this thinking about running and music has this song running through my head:
- Fit and Fabulous: The Time Has Come (onlineshoes.com)
- How to Start Walking or Running for a New You! (womenandweight.com)