April 22nd is Earth Day. As inhabitants of this planet, it seems a great day to pause and appreciate this planet. While there is much written about caring for the earth, I wanted to offer a meditation opportunity. And, I wanted a chance to focus on the positive that exists.
- Make your self comfortable.
- Take a slow breath in filling your lungs all the way to your belly. Slowly exhale. Spend a few minutes focusing on your breath.
- Once you feel relaxed, beg to bring to mind things you find beautiful in the environment. It might be birds, a sunset, flowers, a tree…what is important, is the beauty you find in it.
- Now, play the video. You may close your eyes and continue to focus on your item or choose to appreciate the photography of this video.
- When the music has stopped, take a few minutes to focus on the emotions you may have experienced in this experience. When you are ready, open your eyes.
For those who receive my newsletter, there will be many other items help you celebrate Earth Day in the newsletter coming out early April 3, 2011. If you have not yet signed up for the newsletter “JoAnn’s Gem’s” in the column on the right.
I wish you peace and joy!
- Coming Soon : Earth Day 2011 (hasayang.wordpress.com)
- What You Should Know About Earth Day (everydayhealth.com)